When it comes to burgers, the ingredients matter. That's why we recommend using the Smash Burger Blend from Porter Road for this recipe. This blend is made with 100% grass-fed and finished beef, and it's perfect for smash burgers. The Kairos Black Sea Salt & Coffee Blend adds a delicious flavor boost, and the American cheese is the only cheese that's truly worthy of a smash burger.
- 1 lb Smash Burger Blend from Porter Road
- A healthy dose of Kairos Black Sea Salt & Coffee Blend
- American Cheese
- Flat top grill or cast iron griddle pan (We love Blackstone Griddles for Cooking outdoors)
- Burger press or heavy metal spatula
- Roll the Smash Burger Blend into balls. You should be able to get 4-5 patties per pound of meat.
- Cover in Kairos Black Sea Salt & Coffee Blend. The more the merrier! (We also like Texas Style dry rub as an alternative.)
- Heat your cooktop and add plenty of ghee to the surface.
- Now is a good time to make sure you remembered to pour yourself something to drink
- Drop the balls onto the very hot surface and smash down with a burger press.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the crispy edge of the burger begins to form - Flip to other side and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until done
- Top with American cheese and cook for an additional minute, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve on your favorite buns with your favorite toppings.