- 1 Whole Packer Brisket (12-14 Lbs.)
- Kairos Texas Style Rub
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Smoking Device (Komado / Pellet Smoker / Barrel Smoker / Double axle 200 Gallon smoker trailer)
- Aluminum Foil or Pink Butcher Paper
- Digital Thermometer
- Start with a light binder coat of high quality Mustard. The mustard flavor will burn off during the smoke and will allow the Rub better attach to the Brisket.
- Coat meat liberally with the Texas Dry Rub. Let Brisket stand for 30-60 Mins.
- When ready to cook, set/get the cooking device of your choosing to 225℉.
- Place meat fat side up on the grill grate and cook for 6 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160℉.
- Remove brisket from the grill and wrap Pink Butcher Paper.
- Place wrapped brisket back on grill and cook for an an additional 3-4 hours or until it reaches a finished internal temperature of 204℉
- Remove from grill, leave it wrapped and allow to rest at least 30 minutes.
Got a Yeti or RTIC cooler? Put a towel in the bottom, place Brisket in there and lock down for at least 30 mins. If you have the time, aim for 90-120 minutes. This will allow the Juices to redistribute. Have extra bottle of wine on hand to keep guests at bay while the magic happens.