A steak that will secure its spot in the memory bank of all those you are serving it up to. The beautiful combination of black Hawaii sea salt, Fijian coffee and the perfect reverse sear will make for a flavor combination that is the perfect fusion of Texas and the Islands.
- 2-4 Prime Rib-Eyes (bone in) or Filets
- KAIROS Black Sea Salt & Coffee Rub
- 2 TBS of unsalted Butter.
- Smoker/ Grill / Oven
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Aluminum Foil
- Pull meat from fridge.
- Place on baking pan and allow it to warm towards room temp for 30 Mins
- Apply generous coating of Rub to both sides.
- Allow it to sit and soak in the love for 15-20 Mins.
- Fire up Smoker or Grill and bring it up to 225.
- Smoke at 225 until internal temperature reaches 120°
- In parallel Place Skillet on oven top or alternative cooking source and get it to Searing Temp.
- Pull from Smoker once it hits 120°
- Sear both sides. Between 2-3 Mins each side depending on the thickness of the cut.
- Keep your eye on the thermometer don’t let it creep above 150.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest in the foil for at least 20 minutes.
Present your masterpiece to your guest and family.